The museum at the Northern Maine Regional Airport in Presque Isle is dedicated to the men and women of the armed forces who served at the air base.
This project is a culmination of efforts by individuals who believe the Presque Isle airport has an important and interesting history that should be shared.
This is a work in progress and future improvements are planned. In that respect, we would encourage anyone with pictures or artifacts from previous years donate them to the museum. Or, if you would rather not donate the original pictures, the images could be copied and returned to you.
Selected Presque Isle Air Museum images:
- Northeast Airlines DC-3, Presque Isle, ca. 1945
- Air Traffic Controller, Presque Isle, c. 1944
- Actress Marla English, Presque Isle Air Force Base, 1952
- B-24 Liberator Bomber Crew, Presque Isle, ca. 1943
- Presque Isle Army Airfield Headquarters, Presque Isle, 1943
- Snowball Express, Presque Isle, c. 1944
- Douglas A-20 Air Crew, Presque Isle, c. 1942
- Douglas C-5A, Presque Isle, c. 1943
- Douglas C-54, Presque Isle, 1945